The book printing industry continues to evolve with new technologies and tools being developed at a dizzying pace. With so many variables in play, it is important to filter the core trends from the noise. Read what the industry experts at InfoTrends see as the top ten trends you should be thinking about in 2013.
We Value Your Opinion
I’m Tonya Powers, your Canon Solutions America (CSA) Graphic Arts Segment Manager. I have been in the print industry for over eight years, two of those in my role as Graphic Arts Segment Manager at Océ (now Canon Solutions America).
A key facet of my role is to understand critical industry trends, customer needs and pain points specific to the Commercial and Book Printing segments. I share that knowledge internally to influence the products and solutions we bring to market and make available for our customers. This strategy ensures that we design and provide solutions to meet the needs of the marketplace.
There are many ways I stay abreast of changing industry dynamics, but none are better than hearing from end users directly. That’s why several years ago we established the Graphic Arts Summit, made up of your peers representing a variety of companies. We meet quarterly in live, full-day sessions to provide product roadmaps, learn and share best practices, key pain points, industry trends, and more. The feedback we get helps us better allocate resources to product development, support and service programs to the benefit of our entire industry.
In our last Graphic Arts Summit meeting I heard a great deal about what our customers look for in a partner and what they think about Océ’s transition to the new Canon Solutions America.
HERE IS A RECAP OF WHAT GA SUMMIT MEMBERS SHARED:
WE WANT A PARTNER THAT:
- Understands our business
- Provides one point person for all of our business needs
- Offers future-proof solutions with a clear migration path
WE NEED HELP WITH:
- Marketing to and educating our customers on the value of digital print
- Industry information such as market data, white papers, and case studies
- Streamlining our business to maximum efficiency
WHAT DO WE THINK OF OCÉ BECOMING CANON SOLUTIONS AMERICA?
- Océ now has the power of the Canon brand and strength of their financial position. With this new organization, we expect that we will see outstanding new levels of R&D and training resources.
- Océ production printing solutions as we know them, and the people that we have been working with haven’t changed – and that is good. We enjoy the stability of our relationships and Océ has always demonstrated high value for their customer relationships.
- Océ has expertise in production printing. And that, teamed with Canon’s philosophies and culture, will be synergistic in the long term.
It’s great hearing from the representatives on the GA Summit – but I’d like to hear from all of our customers and non-customers alike.